*Is your life so enclosed in the dark without any anticipation that there is glimpse of light, and nothing seems to make sense to you at this time?
*Is your heart so wounded that the only solution you see is to take matters in your own hands by taking certain ungodly decisions that will cause you to sink deeper in the ocean of doubts?
*Do people around you even understand your true pain or care about your hurts even when you try to explain or run from one gathering place to another?
* Are you one of the ones who believes that “time is telling on me and no desirable person ever says something to me.”, and because of this you are about to settle for less than God intended for you?
*Have you been married for some times now but with delay in child bearing and as a result you are so unhappy?
* Are you or your loved one suffering from undisclosed ailment?
*Are you suffering from the hands of your ungrateful boss, who no matter how hard you work, does’ t appreciate you?
* Is your country system broken that the only option you had was to travel abroad for a better life but it is worse than you had expected because you do not have all it take to get settle there (immigration, education issues, etc.).
*Are you near retirement and have no financial plans for the future?
Have you become weak that you cannot read your bible with a calm spirit and stay devoted in the things of God because of these problems?
Are you crying “O GOD WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I HURT?”
Dear fellow BELIEVER IN JESUS CHRIST, I may not have listed exactly what you are going through right now but understand:
- God was there during history’s darkest hour when His Son Jesus hung blameless on the cross to save us [ this was the greatest suffering throughout the history of mankind, so you are not alone].
- God was there as He powered in David’s swing in the midst of danger’s snare, when Saul and Goliath sort to kill him, and then came again darkness through his sins that got a hold of him. Sure, he repented and turned to God in humility and godly remorse, not empty cry. If you truly understand the story of David you will know why he wrote the book ‘Psalms’
- God was there and gave calmness to Elijah who faced great opposition from Jezebel, the evil inspired one who sought to deal with the prophet of God.
- God wasn’t asleep when John the Baptist was beheaded. Certainly He was there that only the spiritual eyes could understand why He allowed His servant to be taken in such a horrible manner. Who can question His authority?
- God was right there when Lazarus died and was buried for days, but then He rose him up; Jesus even wept with Mary and Mather. His compassion prevailed.
- God was the help to her who was afflicted with infirmities, bent for 18 years, but made her “straight” again.
- God was there when a young one was tortured, and publicly disowned for her new faith in Jesus Christ; wondering how to survive life without biological family members, God in all His sovereignty made a way for her escape and turned her life around for His purpose, beautiful life in Jesus! Yes, that same girl is the one typing this message to you. God is there when it hurts.
- God was there at the marriage ceremony in Cana when the people ran out of major resource and because only Jesus could provide, there was abundance, hallelujah!
- He was there when Abraham stood upon that hill with knife in his hand poised to kill, but God in all his sovereignty had bigger plans; and just in time, He brought a Lamb (which later became the Lamb on the cross at Calvary, tortured for yours and my sins).
- He was there when it was biologically impossible for Sarah to bear a child, and yet He had disproof the law of biology and fulfilled His covenant.
- He was still God when Ruth the widow knew in her mind that by obeying the God of Israel second chance is possible with Him, and she became a wife of a wealthy Boaz, and great grand mother of our Lord Jesus Christ. Her needs which were in alignment with God’s divine purpose were met.
- God was there with His finger prints all around Esther whom He made a way to become the queen who helped saved God’s people.
- God was there with Samuel to fulfill his ministry even though his children refused to follow his path.
- God was The master defender of Joseph who knew to do nothing but remain righteous in the days of trouble. He lifted him up
- He was The shield to the three Hebrew boys who were thrown into burning fire, but God in His power came down walking in the fire with them
- By His compassion He “remembered Rachel” and Hanna, yes it was God who blessed their womb when it seems impossible.
- God was moved by the cry of Hagar, a maid and favored her and her son, though she did obeyed and went back to complete her service to her master, Sarah.
*In your “light affliction” do not seek help from where there isn’t any. *Don’t take a decision that is sinful just because you want to ease the pain temporary. *Rather, get on your knees with that groaning with God, yes I say pray it out to Him yourself. This is where the answer is. *It feels so relieving after wrestling it with God with that kind of emotions’ all of a sudden the burden feels light because He gives us a new perspective about the issue.* He is the God who understands and strength when we have none at those moments. *If you are single go about your normal business working for The Lord, and taking the right approach; stop inflicting more pains on yourself by constantly contacting that brother/sister to impress them. IT WILL happen if God says it or else God will settle you after they become unyielding to God’s voice. I pray they don’t face the consequences later on…but do not feed their ego or pride with your “dare to get him/her” attitude.
Friend, a day of rest from these afflictions is coming when Jesus is revealed from heaven. It is the believer’s hope to be counted worthy and one day for Jesus Christ Himself to say: Matt 25:21 “Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.” That day may be closer than we think. Do you know Jesus in a genuine way, are you walking in righteousness with Him? If your answer is no then you must repent now. Please don’t let problems take you away from Him.
James 1:2-4 “My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”
1 Peter 1:6-7” “Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:3-5 “And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto